Saturday, April 04, 2009

Hans and Pat Suter Wildlife Refuge


This is another park that it mentioned in Birding Corpus Christi book. The book warns that the park is prone to break ins. There are numerous signs stating that the area is "Under Surveillance". On one side is a boardwalk beside a freshwater channel that is the effluent from the wastewater treatment plant. It flows into Oso Bay. We saw dozens of white pelicans grouped together. There were many smaller bird "fishing" along the shore. Some birds were so small I wondered if they might have been "chicks".
We walked over to the trail that leads thru the park. It is a pleasant walk. We saw a very red bird but not sure if it was a cardinal. There were many lizards racing along the path. At the other end of the trail I actually was able to hang from the monkey bars. I think I could have hung longer if I'd been wearing some gloves.

No comments: